I looked at both of them as a plinker for my daughter and I liked the Heritage better. The Heritage had a better trigger and I like the hammer block safety, while it is not traditional it is very functional and practically fail safe. Accuracy has been more than acceptable from it, good enough to keep cans bouncing at 25 yards and that is what a plinker is all about to me. We have put about 5 bricks of misc cheap 22 ammo through it without a bobble. Also a 22 mag cylinder can be purchased from Heritage for around $20 if one is desired. The Heritage can be had on sale at $119 to $129 while the Ruger is in the $200 range, at least in my area.

Most of all though I like my Colt Frontier Scout that I have owned since 1962, it has literally had tens of thousands of rounds through it and has never given me any problem at all, it is light weight, easy to carry and accurate, but they can't be found in the plinker price range any more.

drover

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.