Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
"Hunters" with 30-06, 30-30, etc...go to the range right before deer season and shoot a couple of rounds to check zero...sometimes. Shoot a few rounds while hunting. Heavy shooting year....3 rounds shot to check zero, 3 rounds shot while hunting. I now this isn't true of all but the majority it probably is.....the most rounds most hunters will shoot in a day is the first time they sight a scope in.

"Shooters" with .223, .308, 9mm, etc....go to the range multiple times throughout the year and shoot 100(+ or ++) rounds.

The hunters won't shoot as many rounds in their life as the shooters will in one range session. That's the focus of ammo companies.....make ammo that a hunter will buy 1 box of every 3 years or make ammo that shooters will buy a 1000 rounds of in a year?

Again, I know that's not true of all, someone can definitely be a shooter and a hunter, but I think it's just supply and demand on what is being produced.

Valid points, but often what separates the Hunters from the Shooters is mostly the amount of recreation time and maybe disposable income available. I was enthusiastic about all shooting long before I had the time and money to gratify my urges. BTDT, as they say. And there’s nothing wrong with being just a Hunter either, for whatever reason. Not too crazy about how often the term “Fudd” gets tossed out either. The original meaning supposedly is a hunter or shooter that scorns certain segments of the shooting sports and doesn’t support the 2nd. Seems to have morphed into something else, like guys who’s firearms interest is limited in scope to maybe just hunting or trapshooting, not the same thing at all.

What fresh Hell is this?