Originally Posted by Dans40X
[quote

I had to go check my 2 Remingtons. The cam that starts the primary extractions are visible. More so on the G code serial number than on the RR code serial number. The G code is a .243 and the RR is a .223 if that makes a difference but the G code rifle cam is more visible and the primary extraction is slightly more robust.
kwg

[/quote]

kwg020-
OEM Rem bolt handles from the introduction of the X mark trigger groups in 2006 to present RR prefix serial numbered receiver bolt handles are of "SHORT CAM" design as I've coined them since introduction.
So,both of your handles are TIMED radially at a minimum of 5/32" out of TIME.

There are 5 aspects to be considered for proper bolt/handle TIMING.

HeavyBarrel,
Clean/lap the chamber cleaner than new & check bolt/handle TIMING w/ the firing pin assy removed.[/quote]

Hello Dan
I'm not sure what the definition of "radially" is and how it affects extraction but I understand my bolt handles are infact NOT timed correctly. I can't tell you I have ever had an extraction problem but I tend to shoot mild loads. If that is an indicator.

I understand this is your expertise and you can correct this issue with repositioning and TIG welding the handle in the correct position.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 11/13/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.