Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just imagine how awesome that deer would have been in a couple of years. I thought you guys only shot 4 yr old plus deer especially seeing as you don't eat them.

Democrats gotta eat too.

Yes but if you are a rack hunter, you should be letting that one walk and it will be a wall hanger in a couple years not to mention giving it time to spread its genetics around. Us poor Democrats don't mind eating deer with inferior genetics.

Letting em walk??

Sheesh

You must be like that guy in the muzzleloader forum that says my powder and bullet choices suck. LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let a 2.5 yr old deer walk to reach its full potential? For someone who only cares about the rack, absolutely. It you are saying thats the deer we are talking about, it grew a few more points and gained a little weight.

I don't care what powder, bullets, or rifle you use. It is disappointing that you don't eat the meat. My guess is that 30 years ago you ate some venison that had been aged too long, butchered improperly, and then cooked by someone who did not know what they were doing and you have not eaten it since because it had that awful gamey flavor. Its real easy to avoid the gamey flavor. Don't hang the meat. I butcher all my deer the same day and have it in the freezer by the next day. I haven't tasted that gameyness in over a decade. Last time was when I took a deer to a processor because I already had a doe to butcher. I got more meat out of the 80lb doe that I butchered than I got from the 120lb buck that I had processed.

Nice deer by the way. I would not have let him walk either.

Wrong guess

I eat deer, make mostly jerky and ground product.

I simply don’t have room in my freezer(s) at the moment but that won’t stop me from still blessing someone with a 100 lbs of meat.

Why would I go through all the trouble of building and maintaining an 8x8 Cool Bot walk in? I’ve self processed and eaten over a hundred deer.

I’m not a godless, stingy democrat. Many benefit from the fruits of my labor. God commands I give so that the left hand doesnt see what the right hand is doing. Hope many families have a meal this season from what I’m able to donate.