Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The Air Force seemed determined that I'd fly B-52s. Tried to assign me to them twice. I managed to wriggle free both times, but had to separate from active duty the second time to avoid being a Buff INSTRUCTOR pilot. Can you imagine the horror of that?

I can think of a few fates worse than that! I'd give my left nut to be able to go back in time and take the turns in life that might have landed me in the cockpit of any military aircraft. I did the enlisted thing a couple of years after high school, then after I got out I did college taking my time. When I got my degree I went back to the Navy recruiter and inquired about the possibility of a commission and flight school. By then I was too old for the Navy and he suggested talking to the Army about flying helicopters. I spent a few minutes in the Army recruiter's office, then thought about it for a while. I nixed the idea because I didn't trust the recruiter. I wonder to this day what I would have found had I taken that path...

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.