Got one this morning, a very long shot, around 75 yards. A lot of the leaves are down so I carried binoculars this time. Sat down in a good spot, started looking through the trees with the Vortex Talon HD binocs and after awhile spotted one. Sat the binoculars down, tried to find the squirrel for the shot, couldn't see it. Looked through the 'nocs again, plain sight. Back through the scope, can't find. Back to the 'nocs, try to locate something specific so that I can walk my view into the correct spot. Find a sapling with a dead limb fallen into it bowing it over partway to the target, squirrel is sitting on the side of a tree near the old fenceline to the west side of where I'm sitting near the property line. This time by leaning back against the tree I was sitting beside, taking a solid rest, turning my cap where no sun would be in my eye and scanning as carefully as I could go I found the squirrel. Held halfway between the center of the reticle and the thick of the duplex, as I new this was the right holdover for this scope at 75 yards with subsonic hollowpoints, and gently squeezed the 1.5 pound trigger of the Kimber. SPAT and in a millisecond the squirrel tipped over and fell. I got up and started easing my way towards where I thought it was located and after a few minutes spotted blood all over the ground on the side of the tree facing me. The squirrel was on the backside of the tree, an old oak with a big hollow about halfway up.

I could use a more magnification than the Leupold 2-7x this time of year when the leaves are down. It was frustrating being able to see the squirrel very plainly with the 8x binoculars but poorly through the scope which has true magnification of 6.7x I believe from reading the specs.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]