For the Magnums H110 has ended up being my go to powder. I load for 357 Magnum, 357 Maximum, 44 Magnum, and 480 Ruger.
I also use AA#9, and it is a very good option also. Not a real fan of 2400. I also have some Lil Gun, but I do not use it much.

For 38 Special and 45 acp and 45 GAP Unique is still a very good option. It works in most handgun ammo from Mild to Warm. With powders being in short supply over the last few years I have also worked with several shotgun powders such as American Select which I now use frequently.

I do not load for 9mm, so lets get that out of the way.

I do load for 45 acp and 45 GAP, along with lots of 38 Special for my Steel Challenge Revolver. A while back I was working with my 45GAP to see what would work in it. I rounded up samples of about every handgun and shotgun powder available that had been used to load handgun ammo at some point. What I found was that every powder tested would produce useable loads. Some were a little dirty, but everything would produce acceptable mid range ammo.

With that being said for Two Powders that will work for every handgun that you own, Unique and H110 will get the job done. I could also replace Unique with American Select and not lose any sleep.

Bob R