I have done well with the Grendel out to 150 yards or so as that is all the further I needed to shoot on whitetail deer for the last 5 years. This has been with a CZ 527 that had been re-barreled to 6.5 Grendel.

This year I opted for a different caliber as the 6mm ARC became available. Again the CZ 527 was re-barreled to 6mm ARC. Last weekend The arc sent a 108 grain Berger Elite Hunter to take my nicest whitetail to date in very clean fashion at a smudge over 250 yards. Buck collapsed at the shot lights completely out in an instant. Was shooting for high shoulder & ended up a bit back from the shoulder on the lower side of the spine.

Point is with the right shot placement the 6.5 Grendel is easily up to the task of CPX class game. Not sure what barrel length you are considering though at the extended distances the longer barrels certainly can tip the moving velocity in your favor. 22" has been my favored barrel length for a utility hunting rifle.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19