Originally Posted by okiedge
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Winchester 1876 in 45/60, lettered to 1881. Shot two deer with it before loaning it to the Buffalo Bill Museum a few years back.
Have a good dozen rifles falling in the 1890-1900 range, mostly military. An 1894 Krag with ramrod channel, an 1890 Lee/Metford and two 1895 Lee/Navy rifles are the most interesting. Pre-WWI rifles have been regular companions when deer hunting for many years. This year a Standard Arms Model G in 30 Rem was used to take a spike buck.

Oldest handgun is a single digit, first model Iver Johnson break open revolver from 1894. I paid more for it than any other IJ pistol in my collection - a whopping $80.

Shotgun is a Belgian SxS guild gun of about 16 ga. Markings suggest 1870 time frame.

Have a blunderbuss that is guessed to the early 1700's at least but without any markings dating or determine a maker is not really possible.
My oldest is a Standard Arms too. A model M; l believe. Also a 30 rem. My great uncle bought it new at the hardware for $17.50!!!!

I have my eye on a 30 caliber Model M. The owner is asking more than it is worth but as I have been the only one to make an offer in the two years it's been on the rack he is beginning to waffle on the price. It would be a nice addition to the 25, 30, and 35 Model Gs I have plus the Remington M 8s, Winchester 1905, 1907, and 1910s, and the Clement-Neumann. The last will be at bat next year.