Remington #1 Rolling Block, 50/70 Gov't., Manufactured around 1873. ALL ORIGINAL!!
This one could have been with Custer on his Yellowstone Expedition or at the Little Bighorn for that matter.
It is the same rifle he carried except for the sling swivels (Remington factory installed) and the 2nd rear barrel sight (Custer's supposedly had only the "Rough and Ready" sign).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Custer's letter to Remington Arms Company:
Last year I ordered from your firm a sporting rifle, caliber .50. I received the rifle a short time prior to the departure of the Yellowstone Expedition. The Expedition left Fort Rice the 20th of June, 1873 and returned to Fort Abraham Lincoln, September 21, 1873. During the period of three months I carried the rifle referred to on every occasion and the following exhibits but a portion of the game killed by me: Antelope 41; buffalo 4; elk 4; blacktail deer 4; American deer 3; white wolf 2; geese, prairie chicken and other feathered game in large numbers. The number of animals killed is not so remarkable as the distance at which the shots were executed. The average distance at which the forty-one antelopes were killed was 250 yards by actual measurement. I rarely obtained a shot at an antelope under 150 yards, while the range extended from that distance up to 630 yards….."

Last edited by Sharps1874; 12/15/21.