Best of luck in your deer hunting. Condolences with the passing of your Dad. Know your situation, my Dad passed in 2012 and my Mom was having health problems (both in their mid 90's), she passed several years later.

I'm hunting mornings and evenings with a bow (firearm season in Iowa still a week away) after a big body minimum 10 pointer, long tined Iowa buck that I've seen alot, but not close enough for a shot. Several weeks ago the buck came down one of the trails at the choke point where I have a tree stand, three steps he'd been in one of my kill zones, but he lolly-gagged around grazing, then walked south away form me. Wind in my favor. Seen him a few times getting out of stand in evenings within 50 yards coming down one of the 5 trials that intersect by my stand. Several nights ago he was with several does in a grass clearing around 50 yards out, but it got dark early due to cloud cover and I had to quit 10 minutes before legal shooting hours were over. He's driving me nuts, have passed on five does and a small forker hoping to get that buck before gun season starts. Have a week to go.

God's Blessings of comfort for you and your family.