Originally Posted by gbfan3855
Hello, I was looking to get some information from the Savage collectors/experts on a Savage 99C Series A .22-250 Rem. The serial number dates it to 1978. Overall the rifle is in good condition with what I would call "honest wear" the rear sight is missing, which isn't a big deal as I will be mounting a scope on it for upcoming coyote season. How rare of a caliber is this? There is currently one for sale on Gun Broker for $3495. Thanks

99Cs in 22-250 are probably the second least common behind those in 7mm-08.

They probably didn't sell well because most people who shoot varmints with a 22-250 want a more accurate rifle with a better trigger.

If you want a 99 in 22-250 to shoot, I think that you would do better to have a higher quality after-market barrel with a 1-8" ROT installed on a 99 donor action.

If you want a 99 in 22-250 for a collection, condition means everything and good condition with honest wear sounds more like a shooter to me.

Beware of 99s in 22-250 with unnarked barrels as they are almost certainly parts guns put together with GPC barrels, same/same for 99s in 7mm-08 and 375 that have unmarket barrels. The barrels are fine, I have a 99E with a GPC 22-250 barrel, but you never know how well a parts gun has been 'smithed.