Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
I was a Police Officer in the 14th largest city in the US for 33 years. I always knew what the state of Ohio laws said about self defense. I was bound by Oath and Duty to get involved in crimes committed in my presence, even when off duty. Now that I'm retired, and seeing the political climate in this country, I have to put the blinders on unless it's something really serious (Active shooter etc). I was just talking to my wife about a local Deputy who was just indicted for 2 counts of murder for an on duty shooting while working on a task force. I've really had to re-evaluate my ideas on using my concealed handgun. I will never allow some miscreant to harm me or my family because of the fear of arrest and prison. I still like to think that I'm Col headed enough to quickly evaluate a situation and act accordingly. I have always supported a citizen's right to carry and defend themselves or their family.

Ron

Please post the Statue from your, or any State that requires any police officer to get involved in a crime being committed in their presence.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA