Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't have any 380s, but I notice that Ruger now has what they are calling the LCP Max 380. 10+1 capacity, reworked trigger, tritium front sight. Grip is a little fatter and slightly longer than the LCP.

Might be worth a look if a 380 is on the menu.

I can't go any smaller than the Glock 42 in my pockets. Although it is on the larger side for a .380, I can shoot it for hours like a .22 LR and really enjoy it. (I ordered additional bullets as soon as the pandemic hit, so I am in pretty good shape right now.) I suspect that the longer barrel length aids in the velocity and accuracy departments. After settling on Lehigh Xtreme Penetrators for carry, the gun is pretty awesome for its size.

Earlier this year I saw a lot of rave reviews and drank the Kool-Aid and bought an LCP Max. I was severely disappointed compared to my Glock 42. The Max recoil is substantially greater and accuracy for me was much worse. I also had some trigger slap and got a blister on my trigger finger after about 40 rounds. To give it another chance I shot another 40 rounds with the same result. I think that some of the issue with the accuracy is that the trigger pull is substantially different than on the G42 or my EDC P365s, so at least some of that is me. The Max is in the box in my office, along with 3 spare magazines in unopened boxes, all cleaned up and awaiting disposition at some point.

In the end, I would rather spot the capacity and carry a few more ounces to have a gun that runs closer to a full size gun in speed and accuracy.

I had not seen Colion Noir's video until seeing this thread. But, it sounded like he missed steel quite a bit in his mag dump, which was after he felt the need to move closer to the targets. I get the mailbox gun idea, but I want something more versatile than a mailbox gun.

I do suspect that people who think that the LCP II is awesome will think that the LCP Max is more awesome.

YMMV.

I hear ya. The G42 does look like a nice 380. My smallest handgun is the Glock 43X. I like the way it carries, and how manageable it is while shooting.