Hasn't been a good year for hunting for me. I ate my antelope tag because I wanted a good one, or something weird. All we seen were average bucks. Elk was a bust, as I hadta cancel my trip due to the pup getting parvo. I also drew a Late Plains deer tag. With the ongoing drought here, there just wasn't the deer, or the horn size around. My first season guys killed a couple fair bucks, and I've seen some about the same. Only seen 3 real nice bucks this year, and two of them were 30" velvet bucks back in August. Nothing great on the ranch, and I bet I seen every buck multiple times. So, this morning I hit the neighbors place and seen a pair that warranted a better look. I put them to bed and planned a stalk. It didn't work out like I planned, as the does would have blown me as I had to go thru them to even see the bucks. I backed out and went to the ridge I originally seen them from. From there I could only see one of them hidden in the yuccas. As soon as I shot him in his bed, the bigger one jumped up and ran over the ridge with the does. He is a little smaller than I'd prefer, but has lots of character with a couple busted points. And I'm damn glad I took him.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by huntsman22; 12/09/21.