Originally Posted by Hastings
I wonder how long it would take to get from Persia to Bethlehem on a horse or camel? I wonder what connection they (Magi) had to the Jewish religion. You reckon maybe the Zoroastrians were the parent religion of Judaism? I love the history in the bible but there are a lot of gaps and things left unexplained.

Something snapped in Caerars' head ,it may have been a nagging wife but he had to know how many subjects he ruled over in his vast empire so he sent out word that all were to be taxed and to return to their nativity .All in the empire were on the move ,traveling to their place of birth to be taxed recorded and counted.
That's how Jesus birth was recorded just like ours is by the government . The star was the Eastern Star also called the star of the morning.

All other religions worship a dead savior only Christians have faith in a man ,the son of God who is here alive with us in the Spirit of The Holy Ghost, and will return in the form of a man at some forward date, similar to how he was expected in Bethlehem by the prophets of the Old Testiment .

It was the Germans ( Protestants) who stood up to King Charles V of Spain that brought about the freedoms and liberties we enjoy today Especialy in the United States. In 1520 Charles ruled the newly discovered America, all of Spain Europe and Italy. Charles was a Catholic and liked to obey the disgruntled Pope Clement who of late he had defeated in war yet who together at a place near Rome, planned to eliminate the heretic Protestants by burning them at the stake because they wouldn't any longer send their gold to Rome for indulgences ; payments to rescue their dead wailing relatives from purgatory that the catholics apparently could hear ( and release ).

The Bible ,like computers today at first rare and prohibited , wasn't printed in German (or English ) only Latin until the printing press allowed Luther of Germany to print it for the common German who once read became enlightened and soon most of Germany was aware of a way to shed Rome and the religons of superstition.

Charles was afraid to take on the Germans because the Turks (Moslem Hoards ) were there at the Eastern gate to enter the gap if war broke out in Germany as they had already butchered the King of Austria ,the husbad of Charles sister Queen Maw.

Last edited by Malcolm; 12/10/21.