Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Here, behold a “banded” Eiger hen that I shot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😬🦫

That’s a tall feat.

Are they sanctioned?

😂

AK, and Tiny, this information is just for you.

I got PLAYED and PRANKED so bad on this EIDER Sea Duck by my two hunting pards....

Let’s just say, I’d shot two birds. One I had eyes on while it floated away, me hoping the pick up boat would catch up and snag it with his net before a seal ate it.

The second bird (the one pictured with the infamous red jewelry) I dumped just out of the decoys and close enough to shore that it was picked up by Ryan - who I will now refer to as an ass - hole extraordinaire.

I’m not paying any attention to the dead bird Ryan grabs for me, my eyes are tracking the EIDER that’s floating away. Ryan brings me the bird showing me the band as he hands me my bird. Ryan say’s “have you killed a banded bird before”? I answer, yes, I’ve got 4-5 on my lanyard. I’m looking at the band and I say loudly “SWEET” ! ! !

While I’m looking over the EIDER Hen I notice the red band slipped off her leg easily and into my hand....Me, thinking that’s weird, maybe they didn’t secure it good enough, luckily her big foot kept it on. I don’t read what’s on the band...I know they have a sequence of numbers and sometimes a designation for calling in the band information for F&G track records. So, I just flip the band into my pocket and go back to looking for ducks to shoot.

Ryan, finally says to me, “what’s the band say”? I said back without pulling it from my pocket, “It’s got tracking numbers”. “I will need to call it in at some point so F&G knows where and when the bird was killed”...I decide to pull the band out of my pocket now and look it over....It had DU Good Luck followed by a sequence of long numbers and letters. I say to Ryan, “It’s a Ducks Unlimited Money Bird”....”Maybe when I call it in they’ll say I’ve got $3-$5k coming”?

Ryan, then reaches into his pocket and says to me “Does it look like this”? And tosses me another red band.

Mother Fûck’r ! He had brought a couple of these fake DU Bands with him hoping he’d get to use one on me or Leighton.

Well, it’s was me that caught the prank right in the face...All I could do was LMFAO. It was a well done and played prank.

I’m keeping the band and putting it on my lanyard. A good memento of a great time sharing a hunt with a good dude.

If you read this Ryan, GFY with a rocking chair.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”