I was the second responder to this post and I suggested the SKB which has served me well for 20 years.

Today, I bought a Nanuk gun case. One of my (4) locks on my SKB fell off. I came to realize that the locks are weakly welded to the aluminum liner. Hmmm. Also, on my SKB at least, there are no padlock holes, so one can only lock the case with the supplied key for the four latch locks.

I also bought a Pelican suitcase for my recent safari in Nov. to the Luangwa Valley in Zambia, and it worked beautifully. One of the great improvements over my previous canvas Cabelas travel bags, was a HARD case instead of canvas, plus the fact I could LOCK the Pelican in the two metal padlock holes provided, with padlocks.

So, I decided to buy a Pelican two gun case, and I went to my local Sportsman’s Warehouse to do so. While I was there, they also had a Boyt and a Nanuk. The Nanuk really impressed me over the Pelican, as it has (4) about 1/8” steel hole cylinders for padlocks, where the Pelican has only two metal and two plastic holes for padlocks. The Pelican metal holes appear to be thin metal ‘tin’ holes bent at 90 degrees. I’m sure they work, but the Nanuk was much thicker metal, and were complete cylinders of metal on all four holes.

Anyway, I am happy with my purchase so far, but I haven’t taken it on safari yet of course.

If anyone here is looking to buy a (2) gun case in the future, I’d highly recommend you take a look at the Nanuk.

YMMV