I use lots of 30 caliber rifles but one thing that 358 bores do much better than 308 bores is drop animals faster, quite noticeably faster, in fact.

A 200 grain 358 bullet at Whelen speeds puts down whitetail-sized animals right now. I have yet to find any .308 bullet, at any speed, of any construction, that reliably does that unless the nervous system is hit.

If you don't care about a 50-100 yard death run, then for deer, there is no difference. But if you shoot a lot of animals with medium bores, and also shoot a lot of them with 30 calibers, you will most certainly notice a difference. You pull the trigger, the gun recoils, the animal is right where it was before you pulled the trigger. Except that it is now laying down.

For some people, this may not matter at all and for most of the hunting I do, it probably doesn't matter. But once in a while it's nice not to crawl through a thicket to recover an animal.

The 225 accubond is a pretty great all around bullet (though it can be jump-sensitive) but the 200grainers of all flavors usually drop deer a bit faster. Your standard issue 200gr .358 Hornady spire point might be the best eastern hunting bullet there is.