(cont.) more late season elk for my NR friends and my nephew.

They had a good day, all shoot 7 RM's and the shots were all between 200-300 yards they shot 3 bulls and 2 cows by 2 PM.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

The two cows they shot, the guy that didn't shoot a cow chose not too...figured 5 in one day was enough, probably right.

Finally after a bunch of delays, picked up my nephew in Billings and got back in time for a 1/2 day hunt. Saw 35 elk, all bulls and he shot this one just before dark at 127 yards with his 7-08 and 120 grain ballistic tip. Broke the spine and exited upper 1/3rd of the body, done deal dropped in its tracks and his 3rd elk and first bull. There were 5 bulls together, 2 six points the same age class as his, but both were busted up pretty bad so, he chose the best 5 point.

Lots of game bags filled:

Always sort of sorry its over, but was getting pretty tired of quartering and packing elk. Have a friend with one more cow tag valid through January probably give him a hand if he wants to get another one.

All total went 13/15 may get 14/15 as one of my IL friends may come back after Christmas...we'll see.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/19/21.