I wouldn't put it in the Total stack market with these prices and your age. There are several ETF's that do not have a lot of growth or tech stocks. Those stocks are way too high and they are starting to shake up the market and that is why it is so volatile lately. I just took out another $3,000 out of the S&P 500 fund and put it in SCHD. It is a higher dividend ETF with stocks that are much more reasonably priced. I am mostly a higher dividend investor cause I am determined to just live off my dividends and never sell a stock. There are several ETF's that did not get the market gains that the total stock market funds did. Here are the ones I have. VYM , Vanguard high dividend large cap ETF pays 2.85% dividends. SCHD , Charles Schwab pays about 3% . SPYD pays about 4% in dividends. This ETF has 81 companies and and does not over weight any stocks HDV pays 4%. It has not done well the last 10 yrs. The reason is , cause everyone invested in fast profit tech and growth the last 10 yrs. and left the "value " older, well established companies behind. If you look at the holdings , you will recognize many of them. Chevron, Exxon Mobil,, Verizon, AT&T, and many others. Many will say these companies got crushed by the growth stocks and they bad mouth these conservative dividend paying ETF's. They are right, however, the tide is turning and many of these companies make real good money. An example , just yesterday the market lost 1.2% and HDV actually went up. Today , investors foolishly went back to the growth stocks, but the growth stocks are way over priced. I would also buy some bonds. They are not wanted right now. I have HYEM, ( Emerging Market corporate (foreign ) ETF) It pays about 5%, pays out monthly and is right on it's 52 week low. I also have HYG and USHY corporate bond ETF and they are American companies. I have also noticed HYD is down quite a bit. It is municipal bond ETF, pays about 3.5%, pays monthly and the dividends are tax free. The other ETF's are taxable , the corporate bond ETFs have a fairly high tax , but the first ones I mentioned have a reduced tax on the divies . Right now, anything can happen. The market may go up a buch yet, but it base been 19 months since we have a 10% correction with only a few 5% drops. This is why I keep my eyes on the safe dividends and dont worry about the irrational ups and downs of the daily stock market.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/21/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23