Originally Posted by rufous
I have never invested in an annuity but I am considering doing so. My wife and I sold our home at the beginning of April in Michigan and we moved to Oregon where I found a new job. We are currently renting a home owned by my employer and we may continue to do so long term as opposed to buying a home here. If we do that then I need to somehow invest the money we have from selling our Michigan home. I hate having that much money just sitting in the bank and not earning any money for us. So I might perhaps put that money into an annuity.

I do like having my own home but the prices here for something decent are quite high and it does tend to tie one down. The business where I work is getting sold at the beginning of January and I will likely remain working here but I am not certain of that. Partly will the new owners be good people to work with? Will they be able to increase my wage which is low compared to the industry standard. So I am currently glad that we did not try to buy a home immediately after moving to Oregon.

Anyway I would love to hear some thoughts on what I can do with the proceeds from selling our Michigan home until we might decide to buy a home if ever.

I am guessing that I will retire in about 10 years and hopefully my wife will do the same in about 14 years.

rufous, gotta ask. Why did you move to OR??

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH