Lee C frame press. I started doing pistol single stage. Lee scale and dippers. IMO this press gave me problems doing '06 size bottleneck rifle, so I spent the money on a RockChucker. RCBS dies.

Still use the RockChucker for all rifle loading. Have a collection of RCBS, Redding, Lee, Forster dies. Lee collet/Redding bump for 308 Win & 223 Rem for the target guns. Tried Redding bushing dies, did not like them.

Invested in a Lee turret for pistol, though I only do 2 stages at a time. Size, bell mouth. Seat primers by hand, drop powder by hand (old Bair rotary pistol measure), back in press seat boolit, crimp w/Lee carbide die.

Had a Redding turret press for rifle back in the day. Didn't like it.

All sorts of stuff I have, lube sizers, powder measures, concentricity gages, TruTool, measurement tools, DNA anneal lamp, scales, home made power rotary case prep device for mouth trim indexed on mid-shoulder, inside/outside chamfer, cup with 3M pad in it to debur mouth, clean primer pocket, and so forth. All sorts of do-dads that have an assigned function. Home made gages to measure bullet seating indexing on bullet ogive to allow accurate control of bullet jump once I measure MAX coal where ogive is kissing lands. Home made gages to use with dial caliper to measure shoulder to case head to optimize and ensure proper headspace of case in chamber. Some of these tools can be bought commercially these days, not so much years ago.

I have a collection of old Handloader Digest, Gun Digest (oldest one 1946 2nd annual addition), Gunsmith Kinks vol 1-4, Cartridges of the World, 1952 Stoeger "The Shooters Bible No. 43, bunch of other gun related manuals and texts. I page through these old books now and then. Lots of interesting tools and projects the old boys created. Wood & blue steel guns. AND back issues of Hand Loader & Rifle magazines for throne duty.

One article about casting pure zinc bullets. Plans & schematic to make a chronograph. Amazing stuff.

So, all this sarted with a Lee C frame press loading for a 32 S&W Long and 38 Special. Then figuring I could load for Dads old Remington Model 30 cloned from a 1917 Eddystone battle rifle. Still have that rifle.

Great topic Steve.

GOA