Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Milkfever
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by cherryfarmer
I have a leupold vx-2 2-7x33 in weaver bases and the original style low rings. I tried talley lightweight lows but they were still to high for a good cheekweld. With the weaver setup it's just right

Same here, 2x7x33 Leupold VX2, Weaver bases and low rings. I took the back sight off because the scope was so low.

I have the same scope with Weaver mounts

Which Weaver bases and rings? Looks like there's several options.

The rings are extra low. I don't know the part number on the bases. I did run into an issue on ordering bases for my BLR 81'. I was going to swap over to Burris steel bases and rings and ran into something about "round top" and "flat top" receivers on BLR's. I did some research and thought I had it figured out but when I received the bases from Burris they didn't lay flat on the top of the frame. The part I ordered had a little arch to it and there was a slight gap under the base and over the top of the frame. At the time Burris didn't have the other style, the flat one, and I gave up on it and went back to the Weaver set up.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.