Thanks for posting. That's what I saw too. Not vaxxed but have had Covid and still have decent anti bodies according to recent test. Id rather not get vaxxed to travel.

Originally Posted by M3taco
Bud - I understand that. However, being a "regular" poster on a website doesn't necessarily correlate with the accuracy, currency or relevance of the info they post, does it. Not disparaging those two individuals in any way. However, the info they post doesn't seem complete to me. Who told them? A travel agent perhaps who also got a little commission off selling a policy and used the dreaded Covid to release the coin? Point is, they gave incomplete info and others seem to have picked it up as gospel to spread without trying to verify it. And again, at this point it would appear to be historically irrelevant on a time-line basis.

Got to tell a bit of a joke/story. While I was on active duty at HQ CENTCOM, I was on one of my short trips into Iraq. with a side stop in Kuwait. A US Army Col. was giving a situation brief to a new incoming US Marine 2-Star. The Col tried to blow some sunshine up the 2-Star's kilt and the 2-Star KNEW it was BS and unloaded on the guy. "Colonel, stop right there. Why don't you pull your head out a your ass and use it to think with instead of as a butt plug!" We all most $hit ourselves!!! I will ALWAYS remember that line.

Ribka - The Embassy website could be written a bit clearer. From what I can decipher is that the jabs are CURRENTLY NOT required for US Citizens to enter Namibia. US Citizens can get jabs if they want while in Namibia. The website does say they US Govt isn't planning to pay for them so, I'm presuming out of your pocket. They three types that are available in Namibia are: Sinopharm, J&J and Pfizer.

I've cut and pasted this directly from around the center of their page:

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
All non-Namibian travelers arriving in Namibia are required to present a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result from their country of departure that is not older than 72 hours calculated from the date of sample of test. If the traveler meets this requirement, no quarantine or additional testing is required.
Effective Wednesday, December 01, 2021, only COVID-19 certificates obtained from providers participating in the Trusted Travel platform or verified on the Global Haven system will be valid for entry into and exit from Namibia. To supplement your certificate(s), the U.S. Embassy strongly recommends travelers also bring paper copies of all COVID-19 test results to the airport or port of departure.

It also seems to say that even IF you have the jabs you still need to have the negative PCR test. No special treatment if your fully jabbed up or full of natural antibodies from having it and recovering from it.

Then below that they explain where and how to get a test and upload the results into a website. It also seems to say that if you don't get it uploaded, you just take a hardcopy with you.

As always, ALL of this is subject to change many times between now and departure time. Just be flexible and things just seem to work out.