I got a Brown Precision unfinished stock that came with recoil pad and sling studs installed.
It was a short-action stock for .308 WCF that I reworked in 1990 to go on my 1981-vintage .30-06 M77 Roundtop.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Imbedded some steel cross bolts in the recoil lug area and epoxy bedded the longer-forward action.
Worked very well, 1/2 MOA for 3 shots with 150-gr Remington Bronze Points or handloads.

My bubba heart treasures that rifle still.
The barrel is about 0.555" diam. at 22" muzzle, under barrel band.

A Ruger M77 Mark II .30-06 was 0.560" at 22" muzzle likewise.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is the same make & chambering of rifle used by the naked guy Glen Villaneuve on LIFE BELOW ZERO.
He used it as a walking stick, etc., took a lickin' and was still tickin', 2013-2019, until he left show.
I think the producers got tired of blurring out his privates during 20-below-zero outdoor bathing etc.
Proof that the tupperware stock is rugged and I will vouch for accuracy of many rifles so stocked.

A Ruger M77 Hawkeye .30-06 was 0.656" diam. at 23.5" length where threading of muzzle started:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That last one is almost a number 4 sporter contour, a bare minimum, IMHO, for .458-cal if shortened to 20" from 24".
The first two are about like number 1 sporter contours, featherweights.

All the Ruger M77 rifles in 7mm RemMag I have seen had similar contours as on the .30-06 rifles but lengthened to 24".
I have two take-off 7mm barrels in storage from Ruger M77s rebarreled to .257 WbyMag and .416 Taylor.
They were skinny.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.