Originally Posted by Bushwacker
Originally Posted by las
LoadClear - I thought only Sterling DF's did that...

I need to get some V-bar chains for the Expedition for going to our rec cabin off the end of Oil Well. Some interesting spots on that road, especially towing a 16 foot trailer full of snow gos, even with studs, but 300 pounds of sand bags in the back helps. Chains! Did use chains on the Ram once last year.

I carry 300# of sand in Ram 3500, too, but no studs on that one. I do have a set of barely-fit (last link) regular ladder chains, which help a lot, but I think I'll get some V-bars for that "fair weather" truck..... smile

I have two sets of almost new, tho 20 years old, V-bars I need to get rid of, used once or twice on the old Expedition and on the Chev 3500 - they had 17? inch tires- and the chains won't fit on the current 18's.

The current road conditions should help move them... smile

I used quick links to lengthen my set of chains, cost me $10 and added a rung to them with new length of chain. Works great

Just finished doing that. Both v-bar sets are usable on the Ram ( 1 link) and on the Expedition (2 links) . Gonna order some new cross chain to fill the gap.

We can get outselves DEEP in chit now! smile

Last edited by las; 01/04/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.