Originally Posted by LFC
Ever wonder who the outdoor writer was that convinced the Turkey world that we need to count how many pellets are in a 10" circle....and that was the best judge of a Turkey gun ?

No.

Just hunt the way you like. Don't worry about what other people tell you or think. I can't stand that recreational hunting has been turned into a competition. It's not. Just hunt ethically and within your capabilities and you're then doing it right.

Back in the very early 80s, my first "turkey gun" was a New Haven 600 (a Montgomery Wards brand Mossberg 500) with a 28" plain barrel and a poly choke. I hunted with 2 3/4" #4 or #6, whatever I had. I took one Lynch box call with me and learned to use it by trial and error, because there were no tapes (at least I didn't have any) and all I knew was what I read. I learned what worked and what didn't. Pretty soon I got reasonably competent. Given today's standards, I never should have stood a chance back then.

If whatever you're doing is working and it's ethical, who cares what anyone else thinks or does. Just let it go.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/05/22.