Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
PA,

The load data I am using for that load, which is a load I sell commercially, is not in any books. That said, if you research information on +P and .45 Super both here and elsewhere you will find lots of excellent information.

That particular load was designed to be used in guns that have been properly maintained and are in safe working order, yet still kept in stock form. In other words (using a 1911 as an example) not putting in flat bottom firing pin stops, changing magazine springs, etc.

You would be surprised how many people have no clue about maintaining a firearm and assume that if their semi auto is functioning then the recoil spring is totally fine and they don't need to replace it. That is like saying, "I have 100K miles on these tires, and they have never popped, so they are totally fine!"

few years ago i pulled the recoil springs from about six WWII 1911's and compared the lengths to a new wolf 45acp spring. they were all considerably shorter, and while retaining the original springs,those being shot got new springs.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO