Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by kingston
I'm wondering if your insurance company will require storing it outside, so when it inevitably has a catastrophic electrical fire it doesn't burn up the rest of your equipment.

That's likely more of a product of the mfg and not being electric.

Paper mills in my area have HUNDREDS of electric lift trucks, mobility carts and SVGs and if they had a propensity to burst into flames due to being electric - they wouldn't be there.

In all fairness, those are probably lead-acid, not Li-ion. Li-ion fires are not unheard of, but they aren't an every day occurrence, either. The Chevy Bolt comes to mind. About a dozen out of 30,000 lit off, and that's the highest rate I know of.

I'd be willing to bet that the number one cause of catastrophic loss of construction equipment is electrical fire. Abrasive conditions, recesses full if debris, and lots and lots of vibration make for parts salvage yards full of burned out equipment.

In addition to being much less complicated machinery, electric fork trucks and mobility carts (I don't know what an SVG is) operate in an entirely different environment.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty