Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
Well, I've been wanting one of those things for some time but have never flown one. Brand and model you'd suggest? Looks like something I'd have fun with. Thanks much!

I also have the DJI Mini 2. Before you buy one, you need a phone that's compatible with the app that controls it. Go to Google Play and find the app DJI FLY. Download and install it. If you can do that, your phone is compatible. DJI has a list of compatible phones on their website but it's very incomplete. It'll work on lots of Iphones but their list of Androids is small. If you have an old phone that works but it's not connected to any service, it can still work if it'll connect to wifi to download the app. You don't need service to connect via wifi, only if you want mobile data. Once FLY is installed, the drone runs from that, not from phone service.
My wife and I both had Motorolas (not on their list) that were almost identical but different models. FLY would load on mine but not on hers. Here's their list of compatible phones: PHONES

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.