Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
5 centerfires would only cover part of my .22 centerfire rifles and that is not near enough for the things I do..

And yet your Dad and your Grandfather probably owned one or two centerfires at the most. What a spoiled, materialistic day we live in

Mike,
I hardly see how having achieved bounty is a negative. Neither of my grandfathers even owned a centerfire rifle. A 16 gauge and a .22LR did the trick in NC back in the day. My Dad had just one (win M-70 30-06, Weaver K3) until he caught a mild case of Rifle Loony from me later in life and then accumulated maybe 10-12. But the times to which you refer are generally acknowledged as having been "tough." As long as we are conscious and appreciative of how they are now much easier, that's not a bad thing, IMO. And if the reason they are much easier is through our own hard work and success, all the more so - The American Dream, in fact.
I want to tell Fotis, the OP, "I'd like to have a problem like that", except for the fact that I actually DO have a problem like that. And being in the same boat, have little helpful advice to provide. I'm out of safe space, and out of space to put another safe, and my loading room gets treated the same as his!

Now, realistically, thinking back over 35 years of hunting (Western USA only...so far!) I can't think of a critter I killed that I couldn't have killed with Dad's old 30-06.
But that's not why Fotis started this thread I reckon...LOL...I better shut up.

Cheers,
Rex