Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Remington40x
I've been shooting a 725 in .280 for many years and never had a problem. I suspect it was Remington's quality control deteriorating as its finances deteriorated that caused the trigger/safety issues and the 725 long predates Remington's financial problems. Were it mine, I'd leave it alone.

As an aside, I think the 725 is the handsomest center fire rifle Remington ever built. The checkering on the stock is better than many custom jobs and there is a fair amount of figure in the stock on my rifle.

Same here. Love my 725 280 Rem. Mine does have a pad but otherwise it’s very nice.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Nice looking 280. I had one ( on loan ) that I didn’t keep.
It Didn’t have as nice a wood , as yours appears to have.

It was accurate enough, but I wanted one that I could rechamber to an RCBS or Ackley Improved,
And for that purpose I wanted a 24” or longer barrel. Kicking myself now of course, 725 in 280 Rem , classic piece !

This was probably the beginning of my loonieism , Ha

I hear you there. There are a couple I wished I had back!

I've always admired the 725 from a far. Growing up with a m1917, the 725 has a similar looking safety and I love my m1917's safeties. They are very ergonomic and easy to use. Remington adopted that look from the old war horse. The 725 is a cool old rifle and eventually I'll run across just the right one..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA