Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Seems to me, that if a guy bought a threaded model and didn't want the wart and threads, he could have a gunsmith chop 'em off. Or break out the hacksaw instead of bitching about warts and such. But what do I know?....

Yes, we should all pay extra for some ugly feature that 1 in 100 of us wants or will use. But what do I know?

Just me, but if Kimber is threading them there must be a demand for them. No dog in the fight but with the lighter suppressors we get everyday, they may not look like a classic rifle, but they are excellent for kids/new shooters/etc to get in on shooting without blast and recoil that allow them to focus on the fundamentals of marksmanship without the penalties. Plus, just like the scopes some of us like to use, if we start out with a lighter rifle like a Montana, we can add scopes that work better for us, same idea with suppressors I think. Even if you don't use them, they make shooting multiple rounds in practice pretty danged nice without the blast and associated recoil.

Semper Fi