Yesterday afternoon (last night) me and a friend were tracking a whitetail that had been shot through the hindquarters. No idea of the size of the deer, only that it was a buck and was standing broadside and shot through the hindquarters.
After searching for 15-20 minutes in the area of where the deer was thought to have been standing at the time of the shot, we found white hair and a piece of flesh about the size of an English pea.
About 10-15 minutes later we found a drop of blood and another small piece of flesh about 15 yards from the first. Then a few minutes later and about 10 yards away we found drops of blood.
This was a very tedious tracking job that spanned about 250-300 yards and took 2.5 hours.
We found a few places where the deer had stood and dripped blood but mostly it was a few drops here and there.
Eventually we found our last drop and could find no more. We had not heard the deer get up and I’m sure that we never bumped him.
We ended up on an “island” between 2 creeks, about 3-4 acres in size. The creeks had very steep banks about 12’ tall and the deer has crossed these creeks at well-worn rutted crossings.
We went separate ways just doing a search looking for the deer or blood. Me and my friend were about 80 yards apart and approaching one another when I spotted the buck bedded down. His head was up on high alert and he was on the bank of one of the creeks. I said “stop I see him”. I had my light on him and my buddy then saw him. We were each about 15 yards from the creek bank and the buck was between us right on the creek bank. My buddy stepped to the side a few more yards so that I could shoot the buck, about 35 yards from me.
I was carrying by Glock 20 in a Diamond D chest rig and loaded with jacketed hollow points loaded by Mackay Sagebrush (forum member here). The deer was focused on my friend and had entire left shoulder exposed to me. I aimed and shot and the deer sprang up wide open in my direction, with his head down, charging full speed directly to me! Just as his antlers were within grabbing distance I side-stepped him to my right, much like a bull fighter, and shot him at a distance of about 3 feet! The impact from the round knocked him off his feet! I the quickly put 2 more rounds in him. It was an adrenaline charged action-packed 3 seconds!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is where he was originally shot with the rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]laptop keyboard testing software free download

In our haste we failed to take a pic of where I shot him with the 10mm.

If you guys need any 10mm ammo I highly recommend Mackay Sagebrush. I ordered my ammo and had it is just a few days and it worked perfectly on this buck.