Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by pullit
I do think that many times hunters try to sound like they are in a competition or something. Had head many many real turkeys that I thought at first were hunters that could not call worth a crap only to see a turkey walk out into the field. You don't have to be perfect.
Paraphrasing the words of Phil Robertson (the Duck Commander) "A real turkey (he said ducks) could not win a calling contest".

I hear this said ALL the time.

Yes.......... I have heard hens make some awful sounds. And, no. You do NOT have to be perfect. But the more realistic you are, the better your chances are. I would rate woodsmanship and knowing the terrain as most important to a successful hunt. When I started hunting turkeys, I only knew about 3 other guys who hunted them, too. Competition was low and pressure was nonexistent. Now, it seems everybody and his brother hunts turkeys. The vast majority of guys I hear calling in the woods suck at it. Over the years, I have begun to put more and more credence in realistic calling.

I agree with you. I guess my point is, I don't get all tore up if I hit a bad note once in awhile. I want to sound as good as I can but sometimes things happen.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....