Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Wonder if the 150 ABLR would have better ballistics at 500 than the 140 Accubond, even though MV would be 100 fps slower (or more).

I believe they would with one caveat. First you have to find out if you rifle will shoot them well regarding accuracy.
Not the 7-08 but I load three 7x57s using 7-08 data. Rifles have modern action; a Winchester M70 Featherweight that has been dead nuts accurate with almost everything I've run through it, a Ruger #1A and a custom built on a commercial FN Mauser action.FEWIW, the FN was original barreled to the .270 Win. None of these rifles have given decent accuracy with the 150 gr. ABLR. I've also tried it in a custom .280 Remington with the same dismal results.
The M70 and Ruger give excellent accuracy and velocity around 2850 FPS average with the 150 gr. Nosler Partition so I have that load to fall back on. I haven't given up on the ABLR yet but about all I have left to try is use the most accurate load and play with the seating depth.
Not too sure on how the ABLR will work on elk based in the comments of several guides I've hunted elk with. Seem to be a common opinion that out to about 150-200 yards they are a bit fragile. They're probably thinking someone shooting a magnum of some kind but it might be something to consider. I'll probably do a test on a bundles of wet and dry magazines, one dry and one as waterlogged as I cam make it. Might even do the same with some ABs if I can ever find some.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE