Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by Partsman
Great, hope he enjoys it, I have a mossberg 500 in 410 pump, really nice little shotgun.
24-inch vent rib ported barrel
• Quiet carry dual-action bars
• Fixed full choke

Durable and lightweight, this pump-action shotgun is the ideal choice for shooters wanting a reliable, field-ready .410-gauge. It features a fixed full choke, and a 24-inch, vent-rib, non-ported barrel with twin bead sights.

I have one of them youth 500s synthetic with a 22” barrel, spacer stock, and choke tubes in 20 ga. That is an awesome tool and is light AF, which is a drawback as well in that it’s a fast recoiling sucker. The short length of pull with spacers is great for heavy coat or backpack strap. I always wanted the 410 version.
I sure wish someone would make a scaled 410 single shot without the safeties and chit. Like the old Stevens or H&Rs

Henry does. I bought one for turkeys, had the Henry rail mounted and bought a Turkey choke tube, plus a Skeet and Modified. With a red dot, it shoots Brenneke slugs like a rifle, and throws nice patterns with shot and buckshot defense loads too. Nice checkered walnut, good bluing. Straight hammer-gun with no safety. They have a youth stock available. Not cheap at about $500, but heirloom quality.

The hammer/trigger pull issue has been corrected and they have a very nice trigger now. I keep a butt-cuff on mine with a mix of shot, slugs, buckshot, and “animal-behavior-modification” loads (plastic balls). Only load that doesn’t shoot well is the Hornady FTX load with a slug and a couple of buckshot. That one’s strictly for close-in.

What fresh Hell is this?