I've got $400 rifles and $2500 rifles and most of my scopes are in the $200-$450 range. If you like to spend more money on glass and it makes you feel good and does the job I have no problem with that. Lots of guys are overscoped with blister pack Bushnells in my experience. But when it comes to looneys like the guys who inhabit this site, anything is going to work 99% of the time regardless of what we choose because we know what we are doing....

When I went to Africa I took a $400 B&L 4200 2.5 x 10 and a back up Leupold 3.5 x 10 in QC rings that I think I picked up for $275 and it was a good thing I did. Bent the scope tube in the back of the truck on the B&L and had to mount my back up scope and went back to hunting... I'm pretty rough on my rifles when I hunt- besides being a klutz at times, I also don't fear getting down and crawling on rough ground, rocks, or whatever is in my way to sneak up on a deer, elk, bear, etc.... and I don't want to worry about my rifle, scope, or other things like expensive clothing while doing it. I've replaced a couple scopes because of this and refinished a couple rifles, but buying a more expensive scope wouldn't have made much difference in the outcome, so I stay with what brung me....

I must say, however, that I have had a hankering for a SWFA 3-15 or a Bushnell LHRS to put on my new 26 Nosler one of these days... I may have to break my own rules soon.... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.