Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Hyaluronic acid. It's something that's been used in race horses for decades.

You might finally get to do that marathon, Wabi! LOL

Or the synthetic versions - Euflexxa, Synvisc, etc.

When the knee is shot, R&R.

I did Euflexxa first (three injections a week apart) then my insurance changed it to Mono Visc. ( one injection) They are all about the same. I have been doing them every 6 months for two years. The last one I had both knees done.

My Ortho doc says with some people they don't see much change. My initial injection took about two weeks to see any difference. I feel about a 75% reduction in pain in walking and general usage, but not in any twisting or carrying something heavy.That still hurts like heck. I still don' t walk very far. Maybe 300 yards.

When low pressure system or bad weather moves in, nothing much helps and they ache.

I also use a topical cream, Sombra ( Amazon). It comes in a cool and warm therapy gel. I also use a CBD cream called Ugly Butter that I get from a Big R farm store. It also has a day and night version. Both day versions have Capsacin in them which to me works as a stimulant. I can't use that.

I highly recommend the injections if you have bone on bone. At least give it a try.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles