Originally Posted by DJTex
I’d start nationwide autotrader searches for low mile, southern state, rust free 2000-2002 (and first half of 2003) 4wd, 7.3 Ford excursions.

Towing, safety, fuel economy, power - million mile reliability, and a vehicle which could actually appreciate.

Original paint will probably only be good on the white over tan limiteds, and you’ll have to jump when you find one, but I’ve seen some 100,000 mile ones under $30k.

You may spend some cosmetic money, but it will be about as close to “investment” as you’ll get out of a driver like you’re looking for.

Yukon, Tahoe and Suburbans are probably more lady friendly and comfortable, though - but the 7.3 Excursions are sure cool and capable.

DJ

I have a 2000 excursion 7.3. I built the transmission at 200k and upgraded injectors, turbo and tune.

It's gonna be in the family for ever. I drag our 13k lbs trailer through the steepest mountains on the hottest days and it just loves to work. I can bank on 16mpg empty and often closer to 20. Towing my trailer nets 12-14mpg.

Space, great brakes and more ass than anything else in the suv market.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.