Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I’m gonna tear apart the first upper I built and re-build it as a 6.5 Grendell. Even though I used an expensive barrel on the original build (a .556) it’s just never been a great shooter. I threw together another AR out of parts I had accumulated when buying stuff for that first build, and it shoots WAY better, generic Brownells barrel and all.

Just waiting for the right 6.5 barrel and bolt to show up in front of my schnoz. A LGS just got a 20” 6.5 Grendell barrel/bolt but I was thinking 18”... long barrels on AR’s look goofy and for my purposes with this build (LR screwing around at targets in volume) I have no use for a couple extra inches of tube.

Either a bad tube from the maker and they should remedy that or didn't get it set up correctly. 223 shoot.

Barrels. LOL one of my current play guns is 223. 28 inch Krieger. Just flat shoots 90 jlks really well and should do well when I get it to 1000 yards eventually.

It’s not THAT good a barrel; it’s not a Krieger or any of those. It’s just a medium-thick profile stainless fluted tube from a company that builds well-regarded rifles. 1:8 twist.

It’s not horrible, just annoying that both my old stock Bushy M4’gery, and the “parts” rifle I put together after the problem gun, shoot very tangibly better.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!