Originally Posted by logger
[quote=JeffA]
About those clevis pins that come with those openers.
Remove them and replace them with a bolt and nyloc nut.
Gotta leave them a little loose so they can pivot.

The nyloc nut makes it to where a guy has to have two tools to remove it. Just a simple little step to help deter a thief or trespasser.
/quote]

I've replaced our gate clevis pins with a pad lock and before that I went with a nyloc nut on an allen headed bolt.

Yup. Lock

We found a locked one on an EMS call. Took me a full set of tools out of my personal vehicle to finally get the gate open. Guy was dead by that time unfortunately but local deputy and I worked as fast as we could to get the clamps and such off. I'd have been quicker too cut the fence, but no fence cutters as I was in my personal vehicle

A dog. That likes to bark. Beware of dog signs.

Remote locking gate at the road. and obvious camera. And a ring and not so obvious game cam on cell coverage. Helps show when the pigs and coyotes come by too.

Everything is locked. But you can't do away with all the help. Like the wood pile outside. Or the gas grill with propane bottle.

But try to keep it more difficult. And the idea that if caught they won't likely have to worry about crime again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....