I think score is the wrong focus…it should be about the experience. I hunted a high end 250,000 acre ranch a few years back and was in rifle range of 100 different mature 6pts (I chose to bow hunt that week but rifle hunting was an option). I also literally heard thousands of bugles. Didn’t bring home a 350+ bill but saw several. That was probably the best hunt of my life. Before I’m too old to chase up and down the mountain, I’ll do it again. Those kind of operations can demand a stupid high price and have a waiting list. My last limited entry elk hunt took 11 years to draw (today I think it is 18). I bugled in mature bulls nearly every day, which was a truly remarkable experience. Because I’m unlikely to draw such a tag again in my lifetime, paying for a high quality ranch hunt is on the bucket list…again. Outside of some really hard to draw units, landowner tags/ranch hunts are most likely to provide you the best experience. I do know a reputable western CO outfitter who runs a good camp with an opportunity for decent bulls (but not in the rut). If you’re interested in something like that shoot me a pm.