I cannot comment about the H&K as I have never handled one, but I have very recently bought a S&W M&P M2.0 Compact .45 ACP. I am well pleased with this pistol. I was initially concerned about it being striker fired as I have never owned one and have preferred in a semi-auto DA/SA operation, like my Beretta M-92F. The trigger actually is better than I thought it would be. Having said that, I am very "persnickity" and want something a little better than what is standard. Additionally, while the three white dot sights are actually quite good, I wanted something a bit better for very low light shooting. So, I ordered a flat polymer trigger with improved sear and spring kit from Apex (ebay) and a Hi Viz tritium replacement night sights (also on ebay) and dropped it off this weekend with my local gunsmith for installation. In reality, I could have lived quite nicely with the gun as is, but I wanted to tweak it to the best it could be for me. The factory trigger was surprisingly good for a striker fired weapon, but it does have a rather long reset. The Apex replacement kit gives you a much shorter reset and what I think is a better feel of a flat trigger. As to the factory sights, they are pretty good, but my eyes are not near as young as they used to be and I have found that a bright green front sight is much easier to see plainly for me, so I ordered Hi Viz green for the front and red for the rear. Your eyes may not need that extra benefit. So far, I have put about 150 rounds through mine with no issues whatsoever. Accuracy is excellent and consistent at 7 yards, the only distance I have shot it at so far. A lot of this was experimenting with various loads for function and velocity (I hand load my ammo). I really like the multiple grip options it comes with to tailor fit it to your hand. It is easy to change and very secure. No concerns at all about the grip coming loose. I do not have the optional safety lever on mine and it is not an issue for me. It is just like having a double action revolver in that regard. Before making my purchase, which I did online, I wondered about that. I realized that I never used the safety lever on my Beretta except as a decocking device, so there really was no difference. I shoot my Beretta first shot double action just like the M&P does every shot. The M&P actually has a safety built into the trigger pull. The Apex replacement trigger has this as well in a little different configuration. I hope this information is useful to you. Bottom line is that if I had to buy another .45 ACP pistol over again, I would again buy just what I did.

Last edited by Henryseale; 01/24/22. Reason: spelling

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."