Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Scott, look for proximity or limit switches for the accessories, ie. pto, neutral if it’s a manual trans or forward/reverse if it’s a hydrostatic, mid pto if yours has one, or your rear hydraulic lever. most of these will be under the operator station.
My New Holland has a pto lever that has a proximity switch that barely makes when in the off position due to it’s bracket being welded in the wrong spot.

I laid under that bitch in the snow yesterday, looking for and playing with safety switches. Only ones I can find are the neutral switch and the seat switch. Seat switch only kills the tractor when in gear and you get off the seat.

The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards the starter/solenoid (it's all 1 unit). There's only 3 wires going to it. 2 attach to the main positive lug, which is always hot, and another wire clips into the solenoid. I'm assuming that this is the solenoid trigger. If I test it and it's getting a signal when I turn the key, I think that'll answer my question. All grounding is apparently through the block.

Jump the solenoid that should eliminate a lot of questions

^ this, screwdriver and a couple seconds is all it takes. I learned that trick after driving out to a field and forgetting the key ...

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne