Originally Posted by Seafire
I've got several of those plates around here somewhere....If I come across them, I'll post pics and you guys can derive your own conclusions...

bullets being used were Hornady 55 gr SP and FMJs...

Saw the exact same thing with Nosler 55 grain B/Tips in 6mm out of a 243...

What I am saying is this is where the structural integrity of the bullet overcomes the structural integrity of the steel plates...
]and then the exact opposite when speed is cranked up to 3100 fps MV...

maybe a target bullet or hunting bullets, It can be the exact opposite... I haven't really tested it...

but questioning it because you never saw it, I've stated the parameters that I have seen it happen...

So instead of jumping to conclusions, test it yourself...

I didn't post this just to be contrary and start an argument with someone... name calling comes naturally on its own on the campfire often enough...

on another note, I've had plenty of people question using Blue Dot for reduced loads.... with all sorts of variations of slander going with it..

but when I've asked them have they ever tried it... a common response would be "NO... I'm smart enough to not to have to..."

well people thought the world was flat once.... let your conscience be your guides...

With your reasoning that at velocities at 3100 and above, the bullet WON’T penetrate regular steel, it just splatters, and at lesser velocities the steel is defeated, it follows that every bullet fired under the “magic” 3100 fps mark should penetrate steel.

Steel plates on every range should be full of holes from slow bullets!

C’mon man!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.