I have a Remington 11/87 with an extra full rem choke that patterns the Remington 3" #4 buck in a 20" circle at 40 yards with 00 and 000 buck going in a 14" circle at 40 yards.

My #4 buck shot remington load is good on coyotes to 60 yards that I have shot.

Gerry Blair's 10ga was called Moose Dick....Ithaca 10g gas operated semi auto, I used two of them, 32" full chokes with a 60 yard shot being a done deal on coyotes.

As the yardage increased, so the need of multiple shots on coyotes, which is very common with BB and #4 buck. Over time, I figured that it took 4 solid hits with #4 buck to put a coyote down for keeps. Speed on BB is a big plus, drop your pay load, increase your speed for penetration, compensate with extra choke.

Coyotes are tough animal to kill and keep down, as they have a will to live like no other.

For shot gun lovers that want the most out of their shotguns, consider reloading and watching, Bubba Round Tree shot gun reloading on You Tube.

Wade is the modern P.O. Ackley of reloading shot gun shells for long range on deer and predators.

Check out Wade's patterns at some extended distance, and I substitute my own #4 buckshot in Wades loads for 0 and 00 buckshot loads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688KkPzDXrU