"What may be less obvious is why anti-maskers hold pro-maskers in equal contempt. "

Maybe it's because the anti-maskers are not afraid and consider the pro-maskers to be whiney little bitches. Case in point. Just yesterday I was at the store getting groceries. The lines were long and once there was space on the bel, I put a divider in place after my stuff and gestured to the dude behind me that he could start loading his stuff on the belt. He wouldn't move and did noy start to put his groceries on the belt until I was fully checked and leaving. I was so tempted to walk up to him as ask, "How do you like living in fear you puzzy?" Figured it wouldn't be worth going to jail after the fight. For the record, he was masked and I was not. I've resisted the mask ever since this covid BS got started. I won't wear a mask unless forced to and I refuse to get the jab. I consider any attempt to give me the jab constitutes assault and battery on my person and will retaliate with whatever force is necessary. I'm just too damned old to put up with that crap.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE