richj, thanks for that link. I especially liked the last post about Kimber. For years there was a guy on Gun Broker that was selling everything that was left of Kimber and the 96's. I bought several actions from him over time (he was pretty proud of them) and in the end, bought his last 13 actions. Some were junk with setback one having .009' and all of them were raped; bridges belt sanded by eye, some horrifically, misaligned base holes, and such. The reason for my query is now that I'm retired I'm doing what I can to make them usable and some of them will be barreled to the .308 family as two of them are 1943 Husqvarna's and several CG's that have no setback. I also have three 1910 Mexican's not to mention a couple of nice 95's. I've spread this message across several forums with the usual blap about how unsafe this is to do (does that guy slamfire live here?) and virtually nothing useful otherwise. It would be ducks if someone popped up with some info about Kimber's and modified 93-95's for the CETME round and how the feed was managed. This is my current jones so I'm looking all the time for information and I found on fleaBay a guard that was advertised as for a 93-.308. The pics were bad but it looks like they blew out the magazine box about two-thirds forward from aft and also had a spacer forward that looks like incorporates a guide. This is the opposite of what I did. What I did is very satisfactory but I'm all in for whatever works. I took a mothy guard and tried to duplicate this (what I thought I saw anyway) with no success. I feel good about what I did with the 93-94-95-1910 (my measuring says they are the same in the bottom-up geometry of the action) feed situation and now it's on to the 96's.